Monday, September 15, 2008

I love the mountains!

So we went into Littleton area today for dance classes. Afterward, I asked for directions to Costco from our our friends' house...Got the directions to the new one, and I looked ALL up and down Bellview for Santa Fe... With the sun setting right on the top of the mountains as I headed west, we saw a road called Zuni, right past 85. Going back east, the same road sign says Frontage Road santa Fe. So we turn onto this supposed Santa Fe and it DEAD ENDS! Why don't I have a map, you ask? My 18ds did NOT put the map back into my car...he is so busted! So I finally stopped and asked someone who told me to go back under the freeway and I would find Santa Fe. Ri-i-ight! I do what he says, and am examining the 'under the freeway' scene, when he drives up beside us and points - to 85! To quote one of our favorite movie lines, "Whoever designed this city needs to DIE!" Turns out, after taking 85, we had to take the FRONTAGE ROAD off 85, to the LEFT (who knew?), so we passed it because I was prepared to exit on the right.

When we left Costco, I asked the lady at the door for some help getting back to 85 so I could get back to 285. She says 'turn left at the light, then left at the next light and get back onto Santa Fe... I laughed. "There is no sign on this planet that calls 85 'Santa Fe.' She laughed back and said, "I know."

The whole way through this scenario, and all the way back up 285, Daniel is sneezing, loud. Every time he sneezes, one of the kids says "Daniel, stop it!" He says, good-naturedly, "I can't help it. I'm allergic to something. I'm just sneezing." I laughed so hard, I almost had to pull over on 285. But I couldn't do that because I'd had enough of pulling over and making u-turns to last awhile. I said, "Daniel, that's not a sneeze, that's a war cry!" We laughed the whole way up into the mountains.

I must be a mountain goat, now. I don't EVER want to go back into the city again! I LOVE my mountains!!

No comments: